It’s beginning to look a lot like Fall ! Changing colors of leaves, crisp chilly air, warm fireplaces , cozy sweaters and thick jackets. And a yummy beverage in hand; things couldn’t possibly get any better.
In a time of year filled with hay rides, Halloween, and plenty of sweaters, we tend to crave a very specific kind of drink: something a little spicy, creamy, and all-around crave-worthy. Time to break out the pumpkin, caramel and more. So I’m lining up 6 of my favorite drinks for Fall which you can easily make in your kitchen and enjoy!
1. Pumpkin Spice Latte
This drink undoubtedly tops my list for fall. Pumpkin spice and everything nice!
Pumpkin Spice Latte is particularly favored in the fall due to its strictly seasonal, distinct pumpkin flavor, and I’ve just got the yummy recipe for you!
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup hot espresso or strong brewed coffee
- Sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Combine the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in a medium microwave safe bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and vent with a small hole. Microwave until the milk is hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk vigorously until the milk mixture is foamy, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the espresso or coffee into a large mug and add the foamed milk. And it’s time for some whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
2. Dirty Chai Latte
For the tea lovers out there, the Dirty Chai Latte is a nice refresher to satisfy both your coffee and your Chai cravings. It’s perfect for those who need some heavy spice in their coffee for a little pick-me-up throughout the day.
- 2 chai tea bag
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon and nutmeg (for garnish)
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add in tea bag and seep for 7-10 minutes.
- Add milk and about a teaspoon of vanilla extract for extra sweetness.
- Using a frother or immersion blender, blend until frothy
- Transfer to cups and serve topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Turtle Frappuccino
Loaded with caramel sauce, fudge sauce, crushed pecans, mini chocolate chips and whipped cream, this drink is not for the lighthearted. This flavor-filled drink is quite an appetizing and a great slow-sipping option for those who prefer sweeter coffee. (That’s so me!)
This recipe is super easy and it comes together in under 10 minutes!
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed Coffee
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons fudge sauce, plus a little more for topping
- Caramel sauce, crushed pecans, whipped cream and mini chocolate chips for the topping
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour in a glass and top with whipped cream, caramel, pecans, chocolate chips and fudge sauce.
4. Caramel Macchiato
Giving you all the sugar you need for the day, with this yummy and sweet Caramel Macchiato recipe. Trust me, you don’t have to go through long Starbucks line to get your Macchiato, just grab a cup and start with the ingredients.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons caramel sauce
- 3 cups brewed coffee
- Mix milk and caramel sauce, then heat them in the microwave for 90 seconds
- Froth the resulting mixture with a frother
- Pour over a two-thirds cup full of coffee and drizzle some caramel on top
5. Dalgona Coffee
Okay this Tik-Tok trend hit the internet with Quarantine and is here to stay! This is my absolute favorite drink and you can easily spice it up a little(with cinnamon and nutmeg) for the Fall.
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 Tablespoons hot water
- Ice for serving
- Milk for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, coffee, and water. Using a hand mixer or a whisk, vigorously whisk until mixture turns silky smooth and shiny, then continue whisking until it thickens. You can also add in a pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon powder to spice it up.
- Fill a mason jar most of the way full with ice and milk.
- Swirl the whipped coffee mixture on top. If you want to kick this drink up a notch, you can also spice it up by adding a cinnamon stick as well.
6. Peppermint Mocha Latte
A sweet and minty refresher on a cold-weather day, the Peppermint Mocha Latte is a favorite for those who enjoy the luscious mocha flavor combined with a tingly hints of mint flavor. This drink gives you something delicious to sip on while you work through the day.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar free chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk very warm but not boiling
- 1/3 cup espresso or strong brewed coffee about 2 shots of espresso
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract about 4-5 drops
- dash Himalayan salt
- Whipped Cream
- Shaved Sugar Free Chocolate (optional)
- Place butter and chips in the blender container. Pour in hot coffee and almond or coconut milk.
- Add salt and sweetener. Blend on medium speed until fully combined and frothy.
- Pour into a mug, top with whipped cream and shaved sugar free chocolate…Enjoy!
So there you have it guys, few of my favorite drinks that I will be sipping on this Fall! Did you find your new favorite fall drink yet? Try these and let me know how you like them!
Have a cozy fall y’all!